leevalleyanglers.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for carpanglers away from the bank

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Victorian era

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tungduong_9102

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-11-08

Victorian era Empty
PostSubject: Victorian era   Victorian era I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 am

The Victorian era of the United Kingdom was the period of Queen Victoria's reign from June 1837 until her death on the 22nd of January 1901.[1] The reign was a long period of prosperity for the British people, as profits gained from the overseas British Empire, as well as from industrial improvements at home. Some scholars extend the beginning of the period—as defined by a variety of sensibilities and political games that have come to be associated with the Victorians—back five years to the passage of the Reform Act 1832.

The era was preceded by the Georgian period and succeeded by the Edwardian period. The latter half of the Victorian era roughly coincided with the first portion of the Belle Époque era of continental Europe and the Gilded Age of the United States.

The era is often characterised as a long period of peace, known as the Pax Britannica, and economic, colonial, and industrial consolidation, temporarily disrupted by the Crimean War, although Britain was at war every year during this time. Towards the end of the century, the policies of New Imperialism led to increasing colonial conflicts and eventually the Anglo-Zanzibar War and the Boer War. Domestically, the agenda was increasingly liberal with a number of shifts in the direction of gradual political reform and the widening of the voting franchise.

The population of England had almost doubled from 16.8 million in 1851 to 30.5 million in 1901.[2] Scotland's population also doubled from 2.8 million in 1851 to 4.4 million in 1901. Ireland’s population decreased rapidly, from 8.2 million in 1841 to less than 4.5 million in 1901.[3] At the same time, around 15 million emigrants left the United Kingdom in the Victorian era and settled mostly in the United States, Canada, and Australia.[4]

During the early part of the era, the House of Commons was headed by the two parties, the Whigs and the Tories. From the late 1850s onwards, the Whigs became the Liberals; the Tories became the Conservatives. These parties were led by many prominent statesmen including Lord Melbourne, Sir Robert Peel, Lord Derby, Lord Palmerston, William Ewart Gladstone, Benjamin Disraeli, and Lord Salisbury. The unsolved problems relating to Irish Home Rule played a great part in politics in the later Victorian era, particularly in view of Gladstone's determination to achieve a political settlement. Indeed these issues would eventually lead to the Easter Rising of 1916 and the subsequent domino effect that would play a large part in the fall of the empire.

medical weed
faux fur throw
Back to top Go down
gaunpro

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Victorian era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victorian era   Victorian era I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:48 pm

DARK SKY BRIGHT STARS FORUM
If you've ever seen really dark skies...
What was it really like (stargazing)?

● In the Northeast Blackout of 2003, people actually were calling the police because they didn't know what all those little lights in the sky were when they looked out their windows. -Ron

● I live in the Toronto, Ontario area, and we were smack in the middle of that huge blackout that covered the entire eastern seaboard a few years ago. We were without power for almost 48 hours, and had a clear sky the first night. We got our son out of bed around midnight and went outside to look at the sky. After staring up into the starry night for a while, I looked down to see virtually all our neighbours out doing the same thing. -Paul

● I honestly do miss it. -Cody

● Most people have no idea what a truly dark sky looks like. The ironic thing is, without seeing it for yourself, you have no idea what you're missing. It's truly an awe-inspiring site, one that can move you emotionally, and bring a lump to your throat. I'm not just blowing smoke here: I've seen this reaction in people many times. It's like being a kid again and believing in magic. -Phil

● I've been looking up ever since. -Dave

holiday cottages in padstow
orlando taxi
Back to top Go down
gaunpro

Victorian era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victorian era   Victorian era I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Cellulite Removal Cream Effective Ingredients

The ingredients found in cellulite removal cream focus on cellulite removal by:
toning and tightening the skin
boosting fat metabolism to diminish cellulite
diminishing fluid retention
Ingredients in cellulite cream range from the old stand-bys like caffeine (reduces subcutaneous fluid) and shea butter (skin toner) to the latest peptide molecules (stimulate collagen production to smooth away cottage cheese thighs). A large number of anti cellulite creams contain unproven or unstudied ingredients with questionable effectiveness for cellulite removal. We recommend using a cellulite cream that makes use ingredients with a proven track record of cellulite removal.

vibro stone column
website design pa
Back to top Go down
gaunpro

Victorian era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victorian era   Victorian era I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:15 pm

What are Google and many other Search Engines trying to achieve?

All Google is trying to do is satisfy the user. By returning relevant results the user is more likely to return to Google.

BathroomVanities
vestidos de fiesta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Victorian era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victorian era   Victorian era I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Victorian era
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
leevalleyanglers.co.uk :: directory :: tackle-
Jump to: